Who we are
The Laiterie de l’Outaouais is a coop with almost 800 members and a team of 28 employees that work lovingly to prepare one of the BEST milks in the province!
Over the last few years, the Laiterie de l’Outaouais developed its market by introducing its products in some 50 grocery stores and big-box stores, as well as in over a hundred corner stores. Whether you’re in Petite-Nation, Montebello, the Pontiac and even Maniwaki, you’ll find the Laiterie de l’Outaouais’products in most grocery and corner stores.
Today, the Laiterie de l’Outaouais relies on a vast network of producers, members of the Fédération des producteurs laitiers du Québec, and several distributors that allow us to be present and active in the food market.
Mission and Values
As the most junior of Québec’s micro-dairies, the Laiterie de l’Outaouais remains at the forefront of technology and unwaveringly adheres to the strict standards of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency.
Offering quality dairy products is at the very heart of its mission, products that surpass all industry standards, thanks to the freshness of our local milk, pasteurized in the traditional way.
The Laiterie de l’Outaouais takes to heart the following values:
- Product quality: to command its clients’ loyalty
- The environment : for our future generations
- Local economy: to maximize economic impact in the Outaouais
- Respect and confidence: to contribute to healthy workplaces
- Community involvement: to develop our local community
In 2006, the community learned that the Laiterie Château was shutting down. As the news spread, hundreds of people in the Outaouais region came together for a common goal: to bring a dairy back to the Outaouais.
A re-start committee was formed to channel community engagement in three particular steps:
- Creating the Consumers’ Coop of the Laiterie de l’Outaouais
- Setting up the Employee-Shareholder Coop
- Launching a support campaign in the community
The committee united thousands of local residents towards a common goal: allowing our beautiful region to remain a proud producer and processor of dairy products.
The following people were part of the re-start committee: Yannick Bouchard, Gérald Brisebois, Denis Bureau, Patrick Duguay, Georges Émond, Claudine Lalonde, Antoine Normand and Maxime Pedneaud-Jobin. Thanks to their determination and to all the work done, construction started on November 12, 2008 on the future site of the Laiterie de l’Outaouais. The plant officially opened on June 16, 2010.
On September 11, 2015, the Laiterie de l’Outaouais Turned 5
Five years before, the re-start committee was there for the official inauguration of the Laiterie de l’Outaouais’ facilities. Our beautiful region was once again a proud local producer and processor of dairy products. Our success depends on our loyal customers and our team of over 20 dedicated employees that lovingly prepare the province’s best milk.
Partners and Collaborators
The re-start committee always sought out partners and collaborators able to muster the financial, human and technical resources that greatly contributed to the local industry’s new beginning.
Today, the Laiterie de l’Outaouais’ Board of Directors, management and employees wish to thank the following organizations:
- National Bank
- Gatineau Chamber of Commerce
- Vallée de la Petite-Nation Chamber of Commerce
- Centre local de développement de la MRC de la Vallée-de-la-Gatineau
- Centre local de développement de Gatineau
- Conférence régionale des élus de l’Outaouais
- Conseil régional des partenaires du marché du travail
- Coopérative de développement régional Outaouais-Laurentides
- Economic Development Agency of Canada
- Fonds de solidarité FTQ – Outaouais
- Fonds-Soutien Outaouais
- Investissement Québec
- Ministère de l’Agriculture, des Pêcheries et de l’Alimentation du Québec
- Ministère du Développement économique, de l’Innovation et de l’Exportation
- Cities of Notre-Dame-de-la-Paix, Plaisance and Ripon
- City of Gatineau
More than 700 people, including several elected officials, members of the media and business leaders, from every corner of the Outaouais, became members of the Laiterie de l’Outaouais Consumers’ Cooperative, from the very start.
- Personality of the year Radio-Canada/LeDroit, Business category, CEO of the Laiterie de l’Outaouais, Mr. Georges Émond – 2015
- Certificate of commitment to Recyc-Québec – 2015
- Small business award from National Bank, gold winner – 2014
- Recognition award, Excelor Gala of the Gatineau Chamber of Commerce – 2011
- Authorization by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) – 2010
- Québec Food – 2010
- 100 % Canadian Milk – 2010/li>
- Mérite municipal award – 2009
- Award from the City of Gatineau – Healthy City – 2008